Ruthie Becker moved to Kansas City in 2008, and after settling in her new hometown, began painting and sculpting again in 2012. It didn't take long to become involved in the Kansas City art scene, and in short time she became very popular with local art galleries. Since the beginning of 2013, Ruthie has had a steady schedule of exhibitions in various Kansas City art galleries, and the list continues to grow, locally and regionally.
Ruthie has also become involved in the local community, donating both time and art for several organizations in Kansas City and surrounding areas. Some of the groups Ruthie has donated art in order to help raise awareness or funds includes:
- Wise Women Connect of Greater Kansas City Metro - Professional networking organization
- The Gillis Center - Troubled children and families
- Drakey's Team - Part of AutismSpeaks.org
- The Oklahoma Disaster Relief Fund - Moore, Oklahoma tornado relief
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- HAPPY (Helping Prepare Positive Youth) - Denver, CO
Click thru the gallery below to see some of the donated pieces.